blah blah blah

Saturday, October 28, 2006

One Door Closes And The Other One.... Still Won't Open

When you've been in the ICTC for hours, you tend to find the silliest things funny. For example...

Pull, Not Push. PULL, Dammit.
No matter how long you've been in UBD apparently, it will never, NEVER, stick that the entrance door is meant to be pulled open, not pushed, from the outside. Thus many of my fellow 1st years, and also multitudes of seniors embarrass themselves by making a racket of trying to push the damn door open. You'll get this clacking sound when you try. It usually goes, clack! then a noisy series of clacking from the individual trying to force the door open, then a pause, then the soft swish of the door being pushed open, and either an embarrassed giggle/a soft mutter of stupid door/the self-assured stride of someone trying to save face. Idiots.

The Door Is Locked, Use The Other One. The One Beside It. Yes That's The One.
Okay, this actually happened to me once. May I say again, ONCE. I get up, stretch, and pack up my stuff and head towards the door. I push the door open, at least tried to. Said clacking sound is emitted. I get confused.This time try to pull. No go. I feel a moment of panic. Then look at the door next to it. I cautiously push it. It opens. I breathe a sigh of relief and walk away while muttering stupid f*cking door.

Hands Off.... My Socket
When there's a lot of students going online in ICTC, and only 2 sockets, you get a techno-version of the saying "survival of the fittest". First come, first serve, but of course you can share if you've brought along a multipurpose plug or an extension, even. But you still get a lot of:
  • Students hungrily eyeing the occupied sockets
  • Fierce glares from those who sense invaders trying to encroach their "socketerial territory"
  • Pleading from one socketless person to a socket-hogger

I just noticed that there's a backpack lying next to my feet. And I don't think it belongs to the other guy who's at my table. Should I check if there's any ticking sounds....??

P.S: To Elvis: Ice-cream please. Popsicles are just plain obscene. But not Cornettos. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home