blah blah blah

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Beautiful Farewell

I heard this on Desperate Housewives and thought it was beautiful. Unsure of who really penned this poem, but this is the one closest to what I heard on the show:

Do not stand at my grave - and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep...

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond - glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on the ripened grain-
I am the gentle Autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft starlight of night.

Do not stand at my grave - and weep
I am NOT there; I do not sleep...
I am awake, and guiding through the Night -
Towards a gentle gleam of Light

Do not stand at my grave and weep -
I am not there; I do not sleep...

-Karin Aleida Vorrink

xoxo bella

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home