blah blah blah

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Death and Remembrance

Death is a inevitable fact of life. We don't live forever. We know that sooner or later, everyone will leave this world. So why is it that when it actually happens, we are never ready for it?

I've always been easily upset by the occurrences of death. I remember crying my eyes out over 9/11, and the war in Iraq, the unnecessary deaths... Imagine how many loved ones were lost in those events.

Those events are tragic, and I can only just imagine the pain people go through when finding out that they've lost a father, a mother, a son, a daughter, or a friend... The worst thing about death, are the people that get left behind. These are the people who go through life with only the memories of their beloved departed. What of them?

I've just heard upsetting news about an acquaintance that I've met just a few months back. I've talked to him a couple of times, and from what I can tell, he's a nice, quiet guy. Very laidback and gives off a gentle aura.

His father has just been diagnosed with cancer, and given at most only 2 weeks to live...

It's just such a sad thing to watch someone you love die... but I guess the only thing that can be done is to be there for them as a friend. I hope his friends are giving him the support he needs right now.

One of my oldest friends, my wonderful girl-friend, lost her mother about a year ago to the same disease... I've seen how loss can affect someone so deeply, and it's just... I don't know. I felt so helpless.

I think I've been living in a bubble of oblivion for too long. I just prefer to think that bad things never happen in life, that all is happiness and sunshine. I take refuge in my ignorance. Ignorance is bliss. So so true. Why else is there global warming today? Apathy. We know it's there, but we choose to ignore it...

I've digressed.

I hope that everything will be ok... I know that's such a stupid wish to make, but I do. Regardless of how illogical and ignorant that sounds.

Anyway, I better continue studying for Microeconomics. Stupid subject.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home