blah blah blah

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Revelations

You know how people can surprise you?

Someone you thought was pretty much shallow and immature can turn out to be practical and capable of deep thought.

Someone you thought you could depend on anything, and support you in whatever you do, can turn his/her back on you.

People can surprise you. They have layers. Sometimes they uncover a part of them that they usually don't show to others. Sometimes you are pleasantly surprised, sometimes you get disappointed.

Two people: Q and R.

I used to think I could talk to Q about everything. But lately.. I feel like Q has been looking upon me as if I was a lower being, one who does not know much. I hate it when Q makes me feel stupid. And I can't explain it, but Q does not seem to be happy with recent developments in my life, events that has brought me some degree of happiness. I can't talk to it to Q, because I see in Q's face this expression of boredom, and sometimes disdain. It hurts, because I thought Q would support me in everything I've done, or at least be there for me... I don't know. Maybe it's my imagination.

R, on the other hand, I thought, could never handle my problems or depression. But I was surprised the other night when I had the most mature conversation I've ever had with R. R made me feel like I wasn't alone, and I did not feel any judgement or pity from R's side. Usually I can't tell my friends everything, because I sense that they don't exactly want to hear it, and they don't know what to say about it anyway. But R actually made me laugh about it, when I just let out all my worries and problems. Especially about a certain individual who has been giving me trouble. When I told R about it, R kept quiet for a second and simply said, "Wow, he's an ass." Which led me to laugh, because it was so obvious and such an understatement. It feels so good to know that R is on my side... and we talked about everything, from trivialities to serious stuff like the future.

Like somewhere I once read: "Good conversation is when you talk about everything and nothing in particular."

Well my point is, people can surprise you. Never assume that the surface is all there is. Still water runs deep.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home